Spokane Personal Injury Attorney
Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve
One moment you are living your life, and in an instant, an accident can happen that can turn it upside down. Aside from the immense pain and emotional stress that you must endure as an injury victim, you also have to deal with expensive medical bills, lost wages, and a potential lifetime of disability. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured as a result of someone else’s careless, reckless, or negligent behavior, you should not be stuck paying the physical, mental, and financial toll alone.
When another party is to blame, you have the legal right to hold them accountable by filing a personal injury claim and seeking compensation for your damages and losses. At Karen Lindholdt, PLLC, our experienced personal injury attorneys can help and will fight aggressively against insurance companies and guilty parties to win you full compensation for your injuries.
With nearly three decades of experience, our firm has recovered compensation on the behalf of injured clients and their families in Spokane, and throughout Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. We understand the challenges you are facing and are prepared to give it our all to get you justice.
Call (509) 779-8180 or contact us online to speak with a Spokane personal injury attorney today. Our services are available in English and Spanish.
Practice AreasLearn How We Can Help You
When Can You File a Personal Injury Claim?
Whenever you have been injured as a result of another person’s negligence or reckless actions, the law allows you to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for your damages. “Damages” is a catch-all term that includes medical bills, lost wages, disability, pain and suffering, property damage, and other economic and non-economic losses.
In order to present a successful claim, you (as claimant or “plaintiff”) must prove the following:
- The party you are bringing the claim against (the “defendant”) had a legal responsibility to exercise caution and prevent injury, also known as a duty of care
- The defendant failed to uphold duty of care either via negligence, recklessness, or poor judgment
- You suffered an injury as a result of the defendant’s actions, resulting in economic or non-economic damages
Our Skilled Team Handles a Variety of Personal Injury Cases
For the past 28+ years, Karen Lindholdt, PLLC has been committed to holding at-fault parties accountable for their negligence. We employ a sophisticated and strategic approach to each case, carefully collecting and analyzing the evidence and even conducting our own investigations, if necessary. Whether the matter is settled out of court or we go to trial, our goal is to maximize your compensation as much as possible so you are paid what you are worth.
Some of the common personal injury cases I’ve handled include:
- Car accidents
- Dog bites
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
How is Personal Injury Compensation Awarded?
The main purpose of filing a personal injury claim is to recover financial compensation for damages you suffered as a result of an injury. What you don’t want to do after an injury is deal with the at-fault individual or party directly or indirectly through their insurance company. That’s because their job is to absolve themselves of responsibility or pay you as little as possible. This is why it is wise to immediately get in touch with an accomplished personal injury attorney.
Personal injury compensation is awarded monetarily. Determining how much you are awarded depended on several factors such as the severity of your injury, your medical expenses, the circumstances surrounding your accident, and more.
You can be awarded compensation in the following ways:
- Medical bills and recovery costs: When you are seriously injured, you need medical attention, which can very quickly add up. As a result, you can recover compensation to cover the cost of any medical procedures you had to endure such as surgeries, hospitalizations, physical therapy and rehabilitation, medication, travel costs, and more. By keeping a detailed record of the expenses incurred, you can be fairly compensated for the costs.
- Lost wages from missed work: It can certainly be hard to pay for those medical expenses for your own living situation if you are physically unable to work. If the injuries are severe enough, you may lose your job entirely. Future employment also is impacted if you end up with a disability, adding to your financial hardship.
- Pain and suffering: It may be hard to measure this aspect of compensation, but this can be a significant factor in recovering sizable compensation. Depending on the nature of your injuries, you can pursue compensation for any physical and mental anguish you may have to endure for the rest of your life.
- Punitive damages: Also known as exemplary damages, this method of compensation is to punish the defendant and send a message that their conduct is unacceptable and shouldn’t ever be repeated. While this category of compensation is tough to be awarded, our tenacious attorneys can work to recover such damages.
Know Your Rights Following an Accident
Personal injuries can be serious and life altering, so it is imperative that you get in touch with an attorney as soon as possible following an injury. While your focus should be on getting better, you shouldn’t let the responsible party off the hook.
Timing is crucial in such situations because Washington law sets limits on when you can file personal injury claims. By giving us a call, we will mobilize quickly to work on your case. Our personal injury attorneys are committed to helping victims in Spokane and throughout Eastern Washington secure a fair and just settlement without going to court, but we are not afraid to take things to trial if push comes to shove.
Proudly Serving Clients in Spokane & Stevens Counties
Recovering from a serious accident or injury is stressful enough without the added hassle of dealing with insurance companies that want to take advantage of you. By enlisting the help of a skilled and experienced legal team, you send a message to the insurance company and those responsible that you mean business.
We have successfully represented hundreds of accident victims over the years and present two distinct sides—one that is passionate and understanding toward our client, while aggressive and firm against the opposition. Let us be in your corner and fight for the justice and fair compensation you deserve today.
Call (509) 779-8180 to speak with a personal injury attorney in Spokane now. Hablamos español.
Get Started On Your Case TodayFill OUt This Form Or Call For a Free Consultation
Fights To Protect Clients In Each Case
Dedicated & Accomplished Trial Attorney
Over 25 Years of Experience
Client-Focused Service & Representation
Compassionate & Strong Advocate On Your Side