Car Accident Attorney in Spokane
Making a Difference for Auto Accident Victims Throughout Eastern Washington & Northern Idaho
There are a lot of drivers out there on the streets of Spokane, and what often comes with that is an increase in car accidents. Car accidents can happen at any moment and unfortunately, more often than not it is out of your control.
You are following the rules of the road, but you can still find yourself in a crash because of a careless driver. This traumatic experience can not only result in a ruined vehicle but can potentially result in serious injuries that can have a lasting impact on your life.
That’s why if you or someone you love is involved in a car accident, you need an experienced attorney who will aggressively fight on your behalf, and go after insurance companies, negligent drivers, or other responsible parties to get you the compensation needed to cover your costs.
At Karen Lindholdt, our team of compassionate personal injury attorneys has the knowledge and years of experience to give you clear guidance to make a claim and hold the right people accountable.
We understand how devastating a car accident can be to your life and so we fight aggressively to secure the damages you deserve for past and future medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. We’ll be your voice and make sure you are not taken advantage of. While you focus on your recovery, we’ll focus on getting you results.
Get in touch with a Spokane car accident attorney and let’s talk about your accident. You can contact us online or call (509) 779-8180. Se habla español.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Spokane
While car accidents can happen for reasons out of our control (like defective car parts, poorly maintained roads, or bad weather conditions), most of the time they are the result of another driver’s negligence. The best-case scenario is that the accident is a minor fender bender, but more often than not, a driver is injured.
Whether the injury is minor or major, the accident victim will have to deal with the fallout which can include medical costs, lost wages due to missing work, and potential life-changing disabilities.
These damages can take a heavy toll on victims. Fortunately, the law allows them or their loved ones to seek financial compensation by filing personal injury or wrongful death claims.
Some of the most common reasons for car wrecks include:
- Distracted driving — Drivers are supposed to be alert and keep their eyes on the road. Failing to do so puts their lives and others’ lives in danger. Texting, talking on a cell phone, eating, putting on makeup, or using a GPS are just a few examples of distracted driving that can cause an accident.
- Reckless driving — From speeding excessively to blatantly disregarding traffic laws and the safety of other drivers on the road, this carelessness is bound to lead to a preventable collision. Our firm examines police reports and witness testimony to support claims if this was the reason.
- Drunk driving — There is no excuse for getting in the driver’s seat when you have consumed alcohol. Our firm aggressively goes after those that drive impaired and caused injury.
- Fatigue: There’s a reason why many are advised to not drive late at night or to take breaks on long road trips. Drowsy driving and exhaustion can lead to a driver falling asleep at the wheel and increasing the risk of a wreck.
- Running red lights and stop signs: Red lights and stop signs are there for a reason—to keep drivers safe. No one needs to be in such a hurry to get somewhere that they need to run through these signals. According to statistics, 40% of car accidents occur because of this violation.
Our team at Karen Lindholdt has handled car accident claims caused by the mentioned negligent actions and more.
When you hire us, we will carefully review your case and investigate all the necessary sources so we get a clear understanding of the circumstances of the car accident and determine whether the accident was caused by negligence, human error, or some other reason.
What You Should Do Following a Car Accident
As car accident lawyers in Spokane, we know all too well how a crash can impact a person’s life. While no one plans on being involved in an accident. It pays to know how to deal with the situation effectively, especially if you get injured.
Keep in mind these crucial to-do’s following a collision:
- Stop at the scene of the accident: The law requires that people involved in an accident should remain at the scene. Understandably, you will be in shock the moments after an accident, but if you are physically able, pull over to a safe area and gather yourself.
- Call the police: The first point of contact following an accident should be law enforcement. This is to get them to interview the parties, examine the scene, and note down the details and facts of the accident from your perspective. This is also to prevent a “he said, she-said” scenario with the at-fault driver.
- Gather information at the scene: You need to collect as many details from the scene of the crash as possible to help your case. This includes taking photos of the scene, getting contact and insurance information of all drivers, talking to any witnesses, checking for security cameras, and more.
- Seek immediate medical attention: If you are already seriously injured in an accident, chances are an ambulance is on its way. If not, you should call 911 and get checked out by an EMT. By seeking out immediate treatment, you take away any argument from insurance companies or at-fault parties about the severity of your injuries.
- Consult a Spokane car accident attorney: Avoid communicating with any insurance companies since they do not have your best interest at heart. Let us deal with them. By hiring an experienced attorney to represent you, you can rest assured that we will give you the right guidance and support in securing the highest possible compensation for your injuries.
Let Karen Lindholdt Fight for You
When the unthinkable happens and you’re injured in a car accident, it’s important to know that you have options. Insurance companies won’t protect you the way a dedicated car accident attorney will. Our experienced legal team has the knowledge, experience, and resources to take on even the toughest cases and will relentlessly advocate for you so you are taken care of.
Whether it is negotiating a fair settlement or taking your case to trial, we’re determined to deliver compelling testimony to maximize your compensation and make sure you get everything you’re entitled to by law.
Ready to get your Spokane car accident claim started? Call (509) 779-8180 or fill out our online contact form to schedule an initial case evaluation.
Get Started On Your Case TodayFill OUt This Form Or Call For a Free Consultation
Fights To Protect Clients In Each Case
Dedicated & Accomplished Trial Attorney
Over 25 Years of Experience
Client-Focused Service & Representation
Compassionate & Strong Advocate On Your Side